In order to register a food supplement, the operator must submit to the PVD:
1. a statement for the registration of a food supplement;
2. a sample of the labelling of the food supplement in the original language (for example, the box, the label or a photocopy clearly visible from the original of the package, with readable text, or a mock-up in a scanned form);
Sample of labelling 3 and other information in Latvian that will be added to the food supplement.
A statement and other documents, if signed electronically:
• can be e-mailed;
• to be submitted using the e-address of the institution;
• submit using the e-service authority on the home page.
Before submitting the documents, the State fee for the registration of the food supplement must be paid.
The State fee shall be payable to the following extent:
1. for the registration of food supplements produced in the countries of the European Economic Area, EUR 125,00;
2. the registration of a food supplement produced outside the European Economic Area, where it has been previously notified or placed on the market in one of the countries of the European Economic Area, and the information provided by the competent authority of the Member State concerned that the food supplement produced in a third country is distributed in one of the Member States of the European Economic Area, or a printout of that fact from the publicly available register, list or database of food supplements in that Member State, EUR 210,00;
3. for the first registration of a food supplement produced outside the European Economic Area, EUR 380,00;
4. for the registration of each additional food enrich with different organoleptic characteristics (e.g. taste, smell), EUR 35,00.
In the event that the payment of the State fee has not been made in good time, the examination of the documents submitted shall not be initiated.
Receipt of services
The Service shall take a decision regarding the registration of a food supplement in the Register of Service Food Supplements or regarding the refusal of registration if the product does not conform to the requirements of the regulatory enactments regulating the field of food.